This will be a fairly lighthearted interesting blog. I wasn’t tagged when my friend did this on her blog so I don’t HAVE to do this but I thought it would be fun for not only for me but for you as well. Come back here!! Don’t make me tie you down to your chairs!! Ok good. Upon writing a lot of it I realized a lot of these are several facts about me into one paragraph but it’s still appropriate in this format I think.
1. After the show Sober House I have had a fairly unhealthy fascination with Andy Dick. I regularly visit his blog (on andydick.com) and I watched his live stream of his act 3 times 3 days in a row a couple of weeks ago. When people bad mouth him I get very irritated and want to come to his defense but I keep my mouth shut (me? mouth? shut? NEVER!) because it’s not worth anybody’s time. I feel Andy and I would be instant good friends and I relate to him in a lot of ways. I think we tell stories in similar ways, he has a lot of similar stories to tell, and if I wrote songs I think I would write songs in a similar way. I feel a very strong connection to him since that show.
2. I don’t enjoy drinking, cigarettes turn me off and the thought of doing drugs turns me off too. I feel everybody has the right to do drugs though as long as they are home (so they don’t have to make the decision to drive while intoxicated or not) and they are not around me!! I feel drugs should be legalized and taxed the hell out of. Then that money should come full circle into decent rehab clinics, halfway houses and various things. My general philosophy is if you are making the choice for yourself if you want to do something or not it should be legal.
3. Most of the people I have met that are the most interesting have only been for a brief time. Either in a job interview process, a vacation, I met them in an interesting experience, a substitute teacher I have only had once or twice etc. I think if I kept in touch it might of ruined it.
4. I love cheesy bubble gum pop and general cheesy pop songs from the 80’s and 90’s. I have several songs on my external hard drive (1,200 and counting) and a significant amount of them are songs I get a nostalgic feeling every time I hear them. This is an interesting fact because current music like this I do not like. You can keep Britney Spears, I will play the Killers, System of a Down, the White Stripes, Pink, etc. thank you.
5. I have a fascination with Miley Cyrus. I admire her for being able to have enough self discipline to do all of the high school stuff as well as learn dancing for concerts, to go on tour, to do publicity etc. She has seen things I probably will never see (as the other way around of course) and has had and will have opportunities I will never have. I don’t like it when people bash her, I think she is a decent role model. She is just human after all. I have a few songs downloaded of hers and listen to them but I wouldn’t call myself a fan per say. Just someone that admires from a distance. I am subbed to her youtube account and I just think it’s fascinating that this girl jokes like an average 16 year old on youtube and she has so many millions of dollars and has done so much.
6. This is going to sound really really REALLY naive but… I feel Michael Jackson didn’t do it. I think those people were just trying to get money. I feel really bad for him. That was the beginning of the end.
7. The only fish I will eat is tuna. When I was a kid I would go with my Grandparents from my Dad’s side of the family fishing when I visited them for a week or two in the summer. For years when they caught a fish or two my Grandma would cook them up and serve them that night or the night after and I would fake that I liked it. One night when I was 11, staring at a piece of fish she put on my plate I confessed. My sister told me to shut up and eat it but I refused. My Grandma just said ok your not eating any meat then is that ok and I couldn’t of been happier. She died when I was 12 so I could of choked a few more down for my Grandma. I need to write about my only memories from my Dad’s side of my family from visiting my Grandparents in this blog someday. It’s a very interesting topic indeed.
8. If I cook something for other people to eat as well as myself I always eat the part that is imperfect and give them the good part. I am disappointed with myself when someone makes a comment that something is slightly off with my cooking or baking. Even if they are really nice about it. Even with Harry I am like that.
9. Most of the text message conversations Harry and I have are him saying, “I love you babe very much” and me responding, “I love you too babe very much” also, “Muah with Love” and me saying, “Muah with love back” if that sounds so random you can’t understand why (which I don’t say to blame you) we do that so often it’s just to ping each other and to say hi throughout the night. He calls me little babe as a pet name and I call him babe. If someone else called him babe or called me babe I would be so upset. Not really but you should never ever do it. That is just something him and I do but I feel vulnerable telling you this. In a good warm in fuzzy way.
10. I can’t decide if I am bad at procrastinating or good at it. I sometimes put off something the entire night that only takes 20 minutes to do. Right after I am done writing this blog I am going to repost my hunchback drawing on Etsy. I have been putting that off all week. The interwebz just takes up a lot of time is all!! Now that I think about it procrastination takes up a lot of time lol.
11. I have been told by 3-4 people I look a lot like John Travolta in this last year and nobody has said it previously. Like I could be his long lost daughter. One person started the comment with “No offense but…” why would I take offense? I love that I look similar to Travolta Baby!! My cousin Bill calls him that. Bill is one of the funniest people I know so I try to steal his isms any chance I get.
12. Every time a mac user starts raving about how great Apple is and how Apple can do no wrong I get very irritated. Just because I use a pc it doesn’t mean I suck HP’s (I am using an HP laptop) and Microsoft’s proverbial cock every chance I get. It’s annoying how defensive they get before anybody even makes it so they have to be. I don’t buy products because I agree with the company politically and their image. I just like the thing. Ok? And Bill Gates still owns a significant amount of Apple stock anyway. Oh snap!
13. One time I got hit by a truck on my bike when I was about 15. All afternoon I was on my bike and I stopped at the end of the street several times and stopped for the cars to wave me by several times. This one guy I thought well he sees me and while I was going ahead he slammed right into me. The nice guy kept on saying are you alright? Do you need to go to the hospital? I said no it’s ok I’m fine he put my bike in the bed of his truck and I asked if he could take me to where I needed to go. He happily agreed and took me there. I never saw him again. I really was fine but I never rode that bike again, the front wheel was bent out of shape and and made the bike unrideable. I never told my Grandparents what happened. The bike was a bitchin’ black husky boys bike. With Simpsons bike stickers all over it.
14. I think one of the major things that I feel disappointed I wasn’t born with was the gift to sing well. It was empathized when the show American Idol started.
15. I adore Rosie O’ Donnell. No wait come back!! I admire her opinionated side, her parenting side, her spouse side, her goofy side, etc. I feel I really relate to her on so many levels. I sometimes think of myself as a younger version of her. Don’t laugh! I mean I kind of look like her, I’m a lesbian, I am artistic, I am funny, I want to adopt children when I am older, I’m misunderstood, our politics are the same, etc. I would be in heaven if I spent the day with her at her house in her art studio. And then later Kelli would make us strip steak, baked potatoes and salad for dinner. I have it all planned out in my head.
16. Many times I google something just to confirm I am right. I hate being wrong even if it’s slightly wrong. I hate being corrected, it makes me uncomfortable like that person is judging me. I just googled to confirm Kelli’s name is spelled Kelli instead of Kelly for example.
17. If someone just said something wrong around me it bothers me. I feel I have to correct them. Hypocrisy yes a little but I can’t help it.
18. I don’t have any if only very little sentimental value towards the two movies Princess Bride and the Neverending Story. Those two are the most popular it seems that I just don’t get excited to hear other people’s stories about. I am just meh about them. I have tons of other movies we can gush and talk about though!
19. I used to use a cubby space type of shelving unit growing up until I moved out of the house. They were pale grey plastic tubs with matching plastic legs that kept it together. They were about 9 of them and my clothes went in them. Well one night while I was about to go to sleep I don’t remember how old I was I think I was a Freshman in high school I was sticking my fingers through the grid like holes. I got my finger STUCK in the hole and couldn’t get it out. I took out the clothes in it and the other container that was on top and ran into where my Grandma was sitting and showed her. She said can you sleep with it on and we can go to the er in the morning? A few minutes later I got it off myself. Not my brightest moment.
20. Rule of thumb. If someone says something insulting to me, somebody I care about, or the point they are making is against what I believe in, but it’s funny I am ok with it. I have left comments on my youtube videos up that are an insult to me just because it was funny and made me laugh. I usually delete every negative comment on my videos. I do argue on others videos though. I have a strange satisfaction when it’s not when I win exactly it’s just they give up arguing with me lol.
21. I am subscribed to 149 people on youtube. I spend at least an hour and a half to two hours a day watching new videos from people I am subscribed to. If we couldn’t afford cable anymore and had to turn it off I wouldn’t miss it much because I watch youtube more it seems. And I can find the shows I really like on the internet and download movies etc.
22. I feel I have a very unique way of looking at the world. So unique it’s hard to describe and I could either not explain it in order for someone else to understand or if they did understand they would think I am nutty. I don’t have a huge ego at all I just feel I observe the world differently then most people. I think it’s one of my gifts.
23. Another person I adore is the Amazing Atheist on youtube. I agree with 99.9% of what he says, I have weird perversions like he does, I enjoy his sense of humor and sarcasm because I act that way too, oh it’s so many reasons. He is brilliant yet lazy like I am. If I were strait I would have such a raging crush on him. I have been known to say groupie esque like things about him before. I know this doesn’t sound right to you but it sounds right to me and that is all that matters IMO. I tell myself all the time if I were strait he would be the one I would want to marry and there is nothing wrong with that. I just saw a picture of his supposed girlfriend on his myspace. I am way prettier.
24. I won’t tell you who but I unsubscribed to somebody on youtube that I am still friends with. I won’t tell you why because then I think you could put the pieces together in your head but it was because it was for several annoying reasons. I occasionally look up their channel and watch a video or two but I cannot stand watching their videos on a regular basis.
25. You know the saying there is no stupid question just the question that isn’t asked? I think that is a load of crap you tell a kid so they won’t feel stupid. I LOATHE it when people ask a question they either could a. think about their question for a minute or two and figure out the answer themselves or b. wait a little while to get their answer instead of interrupting someone to ask their question. There are others but that is the main two. One of the reasons why I love the internet is I can avoid asking questions and I can just google up the answer myself.
I hope this was an insightful blog that told you a little bit more about me. More about what you knew already about me, some things you had no clue about, and just an overall insightful and entertaining blog.